In partnership with
the Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity, the City
of Hoopeston has generated a comprehensive community database that
meets the national standards set forth by site selection professionals.
The opening page of the Community Data Profile offers a drop down for detailed information regarding population, leading employers in Hoopeston,
existing business expansions, labor force, transportation, taxation,
local government, infrastructure, and public and commercial services.
To return to this page at any time from the database pages, click on
The City of Hoopeston logo, top left. A City Brochure with all community data is also available in printable format. The Illinois Institute for Rural Affairs has created a Retail Trade Summary for Hoopeston which provides information on retail sales in the City and leakages.
Additional Community Data Sources
General Community and Demographic Data
- Illinois Institute for Rural Affairs Data Portal: The IIRA's infoatlas allows users to view socioeconomic and demographic data for counties and municipalities. The database allows individuals to cut and pates info into other software programs for manipulation. The comprehensive economic development system link is a subset of the infostlas for economic development districts.
- Dataplace: This site contains general demographic and employment information.
- School Test Scores: Information from school report cards for the district, broken down by school. The site also contains other demographic information of the Hoopeston School District.
- Agricultural Statistics: A statistical reference source with data on agricultural production, prices, and exports. Some data available on the web.
- Census of Agriculture: Taken every 5 years, the Census of Agriculture counts all U.S. farms and ranches. It contains information on agricultural production, land use & ownership, farm operators, production practicies, income, farm expenditures and other topics.
- Crop Progress: A weekly report that provides statistics on the planting, growing, and harvesting progress and condition of selected crops in major producing states. Issued during the growing season.
- Weekly Weather and Crop Bulletin: A site that includes weekly national agricultural weather summaries, information on the weather's effect on crops and summaries and farm progress. Includes a link to Crop Progress.